Sunday, July 1

Word

Here is my final post as a tramp for the next two months:

Instead I will be regarded by the categorizing public eye as a student; tomorrow I begin an 8 week course in Italian language at Idea Verona School of Italian Language, Culture, and Art.  I will also be participating in an OperaVerona vocal masterclass with the possibility of playing a role in either The Marriage of Figaro or The Magic Flute, so it is quite an exciting transition of lifestyle.

But my work in the days to come will be fueled by an energy that does not diminish which has been poured over the pores of my skin, through my orifices into my soul and which comes from the beauty of the world I have seen, heard, smelled, felt, and savored upon my tongue.  I will remember the precious moments of our journey.

On day one we set out and knew whadda do
We were gonna see the world and seek out the truth
Just Wade, Ben Koppl, and me for a crew
So from Southwest to Northeast, three-headed beast, we flew

First my bro and yo hadda flow through Berlin
Where we could see on the street the kinda city we be'd in
Seen a German badass, leather vest, gold ring, bronze skin
And I'd say those street perfomers really know howda win

Then we headed up to Scandinavia
Norway was our way. Oslo ain't pronounced with an "aw"
We joined in with some friendly bikers that we saw
And rode on down to Gothenburg, where Ben had come to thaw

After Iceland
Said it was nice land
Next day we all took a ferry we were craving Danish spice, Man.

We rode and rode and whoops, wrong road,
We rode 'till we might explode
Saw horses, thatched rooves, a Gobi camel!
And words we did not know

Then suddenly we were back in Germany
Except for Ben, who was just in Germany
And who also inspired this because he likes to freestyle rap and then lapse into prolongated segments of explanation when he can't think of a rhyme...
...in Germany

We took a train straight to the South
where urban surfing had broken out
Not a bad place for Ben to hang about
While my bro and yo set sights on the mount

So we spent one night in Austria
Then coasted down to a lower area

Where the people sort of sing when they speak
I thought for sure I'd need more than a peek

Our fellowship is split in three
But we'll still share online you see

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found the place that you were looking for, where you can pursue the things you desire. I am looking forward to more blogs from all of you!-N

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a poet, and he doesn't know it,
    But his feet show it,
    'Cause they're Longfellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keegan, I love your poetic story. Thanks for taking the time. I'm sorry that your previous post didn't get saved as I'm sure we are missing out on the fun read it would have been. Perhaps you'll decide to post something a few times during your studies? I hope. How exciting to be in such a cultural rich city and participating first hand! Happy Fourth of July, belated for you now. I'll post our Monache pics soon. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete